Table Of Content
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature credit card is perfect for shoppers who frequent Amazon Prime.
The card offers an astounding 5% at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market, 2% cash back on restaurant, gas, and drugstores, 1% cash back on all other purchases. The card comes with no annual fee and a regular APR of 18.49% to 26.49% Variable rate variable.
Of course, card members are required to have an Amazon Prime account, but the potential rewards on the card when shopping through Amazon or Whole Foods will more than makeup for the membership cost.
The Main Benefits Of The Amazon Prime Rewards Card
The Amazon Prime Rewards card offers a number of benefits to its users that differentiate itself from the credit cards of the more legacy players.
As previously mentioned, the card offers 5% at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market, 2% cash back on restaurant, gas, and drugstores, 1% cash back on all other purchases. The only cap on the rewards is for the 5%, which is limited to $120,000 within the calendar year, it then goes down to 2% cash back.
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card does not have an annual fee.
However, those who have the card are required to have an Amazon Prime account, which is currently $139 annually or $14.99 a month.
The Amazon Rewards card does not have any foreign transaction fees so cardholders are able to use their card outside of the United States as long as the shop accepts Visa cards.
The Amazon Prime Rewards card offers purchase protections, including:
- Zero Fraud Liability: With Zero Fraud Liability, you will never be held accountable for unauthorized purchases on your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Extended Warranty Protection: the card extends the time period for the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Purchase Protection: Your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
Cardholders get an extra 5-20% Back in rewards on top of the 5% Back you already earn on thousands of items purchased at Amazon.com
The card offers great travel protections, including:
- Travel Accident Insurance: When you pay for air, bus, train or cruise transportation with your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card, you are eligible to receive accidental death or dismemberment coverage of up to $500,000 (Terms Apply)
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: You are covered up to $3,000 per passenger for lost or damaged checked or carry-on luggage if it belongs to you or a member of your immediate family.
- Baggage Delay Insurance: Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: Call the Benefit Administrator for legal and medical advice, as well as other travel and emergency help, if you encounter a problem while you are away from home. (You will be responsible for the cost of any goods or services obtained.)
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Reject the collision insurance offered by the rental agency and charge the entire rental amount to your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card. Most rental cars in the United States and overseas come with coverage against theft and collision damage. In the U.S., coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.
Here are the main benefits you can get as a Visa signature customer:
- Visa Signature® Luxury Hotel Collection: Choose from over 900 luxury hotels around the world. Cardmembers receive the best available rate, automatic room upgrades (when available), complimentary in-room Wi-Fi (when available) and more.
- Visa Signature® Concierge Service: Get complimentary Visa Signature Concierge Service 24 hours a day. Find tickets to the top sports and entertainment events, make dinner reservations and even get help sending the perfect gift.
Amazon Prime Rewards Credit Card
Amazon Prime Rewards Credit Card
How To Maximize Amazon Prime Rewards Card Benefits?
Here are the main things you can do to make the most of the Amazon Prime Rewards card:
1. Amazon Purchases
The number one, top strategy to maximize the Prime Rewards card benefits is to use the card that rewards the highest percentage of cash back.
This would be any purchase made through Amazon.com, and stores like Whole Foods as well.
One of the main factors that will help you maximize the card is the diversity of products you can find on Amazon. You're not limited to a certain company like other shopping cards such as Apple.
2. Gas Stations, Restaurants, Drug Stores
While these types of purchases will not be as good of a return as purchases on Amazon or Whole Foods would, they do offer 2% cash back at these places.
This is still a great way to maximize the benefits of cash back that the Amazon Prime Rewards card offers.
While the card is mostly known for its cash back opportunities, it also offers some great traveling benefits as well. This is a great way to ensure you are using the card to its fullest potential. The card is issued by Chase, and the travel benefits are quite similar to what you can get on other Chase cards.
One example would be travel accident insurance. This could be applied when traveling by air, bus, train, or cruise transportation, as long as it was paid with the Amazon Rewards card. This coverage includes accidental death or dismemberment coverage up to $500,000.
Further benefits would include lost luggage reimbursement, that will offer reimbursement for check or carry-on luggage that is lost or damaged by the carrier. This is good for the cardholder and their immediate family members, up to $3,000 per passenger.
Continuing on with baggage coverage, the baggage delay insurance allows cardholders to rest easy knowing if their baggage arrives more than six hours late, they will receive up to $100 per day for up to three days.
How To Redeem Benefits?
The Amazon card is one of the top shopping credit cards and provides many options to redeem benefits. You can redeem your rewards for cash back, gift cards, purchases on Amazon, and more:
- Apply as Statement Credit – One option to redeem your benefits would be to apply them as a statement credit. To do so, log in to your Amazon account, and select the rewards page. Once on the rewards page, you are then able to select “apply as statement credit.” You may also set up an automated action to automatically apply your available points to your statement at the end of each billing cycle. Simply select this option as you go through the application as a statement credit option.
- Through Amazon Account – You may also use your points on eligible purchases on Amazon.com. In order to do so, log in to your Amazon account, link your credit card as your payment method, and select the “shop with points” feature when checking out.
How To Get An Amazon Prime Rewards Card?
Getting the Amazon Prime Rewards card is a quite straightforward process:
- Choosing a Card – The first step is to determine which Amazon rewards card you wish to get. If applicable, you may choose between the Prime Visa Signature Card, the Amazon Store card, or the Amazon Business card. You can also consider other shopping cards such as Target Red Card, Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi, or Capital One Walmart Rewards.
- Applying for the Credit Card – Once you have decided on the card you wish to apply for, you must first log in to your Amazon account. If you don’t have an account you must create one. After logging into your account, you are able to head to the Credit Card Marketplace to look through the different cards and identify which you would like to apply for. Once you have picked the card, select apply now.
- Fill out Application – Once in the apply now section, you will have to have your license, social security number, and address on hand so you are able to fill out the application completely. Once you have filled out the personal information, you are then able to hit submit.