Table Of Content
There are many credit cards in the market, and each offers its own set of advantages. However, most do a poor job of maximizing consumer perks. According to NASDAQ, customer satisfaction is directly related to reward program benefits.
One card in the market stands out from the rest, and that is Chase Freedom Unlimited.
Obtaining the Chase Freedom Unlimited card comes with many benefits besides rewards. So here we are going to tell you all of the goods this card has and why you must get yourself the Chase Freedom Unlimited card.
Top Benefits of The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card
In an increasingly competitive market of credit card service providers saturated with promotions to lure in customers, rarely does a new product create a meaningful impact on clients that sets them apart from the herd and that sincerely adds value to their lives at the same time.
However, Chase Freedom Unlimited has erupted into the business, intending to step up to the plate to offer consumers the best experience they can get in terms of credit cards.
Here are some of the benefits that Chase Freedom Unlimited has to offer:
The Chase Freedom Unlimited credit card also offers travel cash back on certain purchases.
For example, it offers 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services, 3% on drugstore purchases and 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
As a bonus, you can forget about being in a hurry to exchange your points since there is no expiration date for cashback rewards.
While the account remains open, you can trade your rewards whenever you want, on your terms. Long gone are the days when you had to buy superfluous objects with your points for the sake of not losing money.
While the Unlimited card is quite similar to the Chase Freedom Flex card, the rewards mechanism is a bit different. The Freedom Flex card offers rotating categories, while the Unlimited card rewards rate is fixed over the year.
There are various ways to use those points if this is the only Chase Ultimate Rewards card you own. You will receive a value of one penny per point when you use any of those redemption methods.
- Chase Travel Portal: By using the Chase Travel Portal, you can make travel arrangements using your Ultimate Rewards points. Depending on the card you use to log into the portal and the card whose account your points are linked to, there are several redemption rates.
- Cash-Back: Your points can be redeemed for straight cash back. There is no minimum (or maximum) quantity of points necessary for a cash-back redemption at a cent per point.
- Gift Card: Through the Chase portal, you may exchange your points for a selection of gift cards and certificates. Options for redemption are available for dining, entertainment, shopping, and more.
- Amazon: Link your Freedom Unlimited card to your Amazon account in order to use your reward points there.
Cardholders are entitled to a free 3-month subscription to Instacart+ as well as a $10 quarterly credit for grocery delivery. Enrollment is required.
When you charge the entire rental to your card and opt out of the collision damage waiver offered by your car insurance company, coverage for theft and damage to your rented vehicle is provided. The majority of cars in the U.S. and overseas are covered; any exceptions are outlined in your coverage terms.
It's crucial to remember that in the United States, this coverage is secondary. This means that in the event of a loss, your personal auto insurance policy will pay out first. Any sum not covered by your primary insurance will thereafter be covered by this policy.
Despite the high rewards rate it offers, there are no annual fees associated with the Chase Freedom Unlimited card.
It makes the Unlimited card one of the best no-annual-fee cards in the market, especially if you consider the highest rewards it offers.
The Freedom Unlimited card is a great option for those who are looking for a balance transfer or making a big purchase, due to the 0% intro APR it offers.
The card offers 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. Once the 15-month period elapses, you have to pay a variable APR percentage between 20.24%–28.99% variable.
If you're looking for 0% intro APR, you may want to compare the Unlimited card with the Citi Double Cash card.
Furthermore, with Chase Freedom Unlimited you are also the possessor of trip cancellation insurance that ranges from $1,500 to $6,000 per trip for non-refundable passenger fares.
It does not matter if your trip is unpleasantly interrupted by adverse weather conditions, sickness, or any other contingency. Chase Freedom Unlimited has got you covered.
The strongest suit that identifies Chase Freedom Unlimited is the security standards they proffer to customers as a credit card service provider.
You have zero liability protection (that means you are not responsible for unauthorized charges to your account), $50,000 purchase protection, and one-year warranty extensions for your products for those whose warranties are shorter than 3 years.
Concerning fraud protection, Chase Freedom Unlimited safeguards your account 24/7 with constant real-time monitoring with state-of-the-art technology for these purposes. Fraudulent or unusual activity is no longer a concern for you since you also receive possible fraud alerts either via e-Mail, text, or phone.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
How to Maximize Chase Freedom Unlimited Benefits?
Given the broad plethora of upsides that come with obtaining a Chase Freedom Unlimited credit card, it is no wonder why you can further expand the perks that you perceive from using the card.
Here we also show you the numerous ways in which you can make the most out of your Chase Freedom Unlimited card:
- Match your card rewards to your spending habits. You can earn your regular rewards for purchases in places like restaurants and groceries, but you should also exploit cash back rewards on Lyft, drugstores, and other bonus feature rewards that Chase Freedom Unlimited has.
- Take Advantage Of Balance Transfers during the first 60 days. You get a promotional transfer fee of 3% of your transfer amount.
- Get your DashPass membership. For those orders that are $12 or more, you will pay no delivery fees for 3 months. In addition, you shall receive a 50% discount on their membership for 9 months.
How to Redeem Chase Freedom Unlimited Benefits
Chase Ultimate Rewards is the name of the portal where you can exchange your points for other items or services of your personal choice.
Redeeming points with Chase Freedom Unlimited is quite easy. These are the steps you must follow:
- Enter https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ultimate-rewards and create an account with its corresponding user and password.
- Log in.
Search for the different options available to you. These are some of the ways in which you can trade your points:
- Travel services
- Cash back
- Gift cards
- Amazon and Apple purchases
- Special events (or “experiences”)
How to Apply for Chase Freedom Unlimited?
Applying for Chase Freedom Unlimited is a relatively easy process, where you have to present specific documentation in order to apply.
Here is some of the documentation you are going to need:
- Full name. This is the one usually found in government documentation.
- Social Security Number (SSN). You can also use the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number provided by the IRS (ITIN). You must either use one or the other.
- e-Mail address. You will receive your statements here, so pick accordingly.
- Gross annual income statement. This determines your credit line, so make sure to provide relevant information regarding this aspect.
- Your employment status. They might also request your employer’s phone number for verification purposes.
- Housing costs.
- Your phone number. Remember they might reach out to you to verify your information.
If you are younger than 21, you either need a co-signer, or proof of income to apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited credit card. You may also want to compare other Chase cards before applying. When you get a decision, it's time to complete the process on the Chase website.
You can apply for one by following these steps:
- Gather the relevant documentation.
- Go to Chase’s official website.
- Create an account following the needed steps.
- Fill out the form and upload the required documentation.
- You will have to wait for 8 to 15 business days for the decision.
The main difference is that Chase Freedom Flex offers cash back on quarterly-rotating categories, while Chase Freedom Unlimited grants fixed cash back for every category throughout the year.
Yes. Chase Freedom Unlimited offers cash back on grocery store purchases, excluding Target and Walmart companies, and is considered one of the top cards for gas and groceries.
Chase Freedom Unlimited offers 1.5% of cashback for every dollar you spend with the credit card, without considering the category.
So, you have at least a 1.5% return on your gas money for every dollar you spend on refilling your vehicle. It's less than what you get with dedicated gas cards but still higher than usual (1%).
You can increase your credit limit on your Chase Freedom Unlimited card by calling the number on the back of it.
You will be able to speak to a customer service representative who will take your request. Bear in mind that Chase decides on the approval of the limit increase.
Review Cash Back Credit Cards
Chase Freedom Flex